24 x 36 signed & numbered (95 in edition) giclee on canvas by western artist Bill Anton
The West is a land of great contrasts. Its immensity alone allows for broad types of terrain, altitude and weather.
An imminent thunderstorm quickens the pace of a cattle drive as the cowboys urge the cattle off the high ground. Warm late afternoon light illuminates the figures and sets them in bold relief against the darkening skies.Also available:
24 x 36 artist proof (15 in edition) giclee on canvas for $895.00
Choose from drop down menu aboveGiclees are signed and numbered and come with a certificate of authenticity (COA).
See all Bill Anton Art Prints
available for sale.
More cattle pictures and art printsDefinitions of terms:Limited Edition Print
– A reproduction of a painting in a set amount determined by the artist. For example, an artist may want to reproduce a painting in an edition of 1,000. Therefore, only one thousand prints will be created and no more. This adds exclusivity and value to the print. Some of these prints explode in value once they are sold out, giving them a two for one bonus; incredible beauty and a great investment. While many people invest in paintings, others invest in limited edition prints. These prints are signed and numbered individually, often in this manner - 234/1000, meaning it was the 234rd print out of the edition of one thousand. Usually the low numbers (1, 2, 3….) will have more value than the larger numbers. A certificate of authenticity accompanies each limited edition print. As a general rule, the larger the size of a print, the higher the cost.Artist Proof (or AP)
– When an artist decides to reproduce a painting, he or she will go to a publisher. The publisher will print the first fifty or so and then stop. The publisher will then show the artist the results of the first fifty to await the artist’s approval. If the artist approves of the publishers work (which they usually do), the publisher will continue with the rest of the edition. Those first few prints are designated as artist proofs. They will look exactly the same as a limited edition print, but they carry an “AP” in the corner of the print. Artist proofs are highly coveted by collectors. A tip from us at Elegant Horse Pictures; if you are not a collector, buy the limited edition and save money, as artist proofs are slightly higher in cost.Canvas Edition (or canvas transfer)
– A reproduction of a painting onto a canvas base. Canvases are higher in cost than paper prints but have several advantages:
1) Canvases look like an original. If you’ve ever seen a piece of art on a wall and wondered if was a painting, it probably was a canvas reproduction
2) Canvases are more durable. They last for decades
3) Glass is not needed when framing canvases
4) Canvases are usually in smaller editions, hence more exclusivityGiclee (pronounced gee-clay, French for “spray of ink”)
– A high resolution, color reproduction process, that can be processed on paper or canvas. Giclees are superior to traditional prints in nearly every way. The colors are brighter, last longer, and are so high-resolution that they are virtually 'continuous tone', rather than tiny dots. Here’s another tip from us at Elegant Horse Pictures; think of giclees as HDTV, while other limited editions are traditional color tv.Giclee on Canvas
– The crème de la crème of fine art reproduction. When artists decide to publish giclees on canvas, they are usually in smaller editions than traditional limited edition prints, sometimes as few as ten. This is one of the factors in their much higher retail costs.Stretched Canvas
– A canvas print that is attached to something which enables it to be shipped flat. The shipping costs are higher with stretched canvases.Unstretched Canvas
– A canvas print that is rolled up and shipped in a tube. Here’s a tip from us at Elegant Horse Pictures; save the shipping costs and buy the unstretched canvas. A framer will have no problem in creating the frame with an unstretched canvas.
Gallery Wrapped Canvas
- A canvas where the print covers the edges (no border). A gallery wrapped canvas is stretched and is ready to hang. Here’s another tip from us at Elegant Horse Pictures; gallery wrapped canvases are beautiful and a great value. It gives you have the option of framing or not framing.
If you have any further questions, we are ALWAYS available to help by phone (toll-free 866-333-5963) - seven days a week, all the way up to midnight.